DEVELOPING THE YOUNG WORKFORCE THROUGH SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN SCHOOLS
INVERNESS | 10 MAY 2017 | FULLY FUNDED
• Support young people discover and develop entrepreneurial skills
• Understand key concepts and values of social enterprise
• Gain vital skills and knowledge to support young people to set up a social enterprise
Social enterprise is a new model of business that combines entrepreneurship with clear and purposeful social aims.
This twilight CPD session will give you a broad view of the concepts involved and provide you with ideas for raising awareness of social enterprise in your school. You will explore how social enterprise can enable
young people to develop the skills required for life,learning and work.
DURING THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
• Learn about the values and purpose of social
enterprise and gain the skills and knowledge to
help your school set up their own
• Discover how social enterprise can support
young people to discover and develop their
• Gain an understanding of how the Social
Enterprise in Schools programme can support
a number of SQA qualifications: NPA Enterprise
and Employability; Leadership Awards and
Personal Achievement Awards
• Hear about how this learning model advances
learning opportunities for pupils who struggle
in a classroom environment.
• Take home materials to further your learning
WHO IS IT FOR?
This workshop is open to all secondary school teachers or pupil support assistants with an interest in guidance, career management skills, business studies and enterprise, or support for learning. It will enable you to support students who wish to explore this exciting business model and give you ideas on how it can be applied in different
DATE: 10 May 2017
TIME: 4pm – 6pm
VENUE: The Spectrum Centre, Inverness
PRICE: Fully Funded
Materials and refreshments will be provided. Thanks to the support from Highlands and Islands Enterprise, this session is able to at no cost. This workshop is delivered by Social Enterprise Academy.
HOW TO BOOK
For more information or to register your attendance, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01463 238 088